I am so excited to share this with you all! Our rainbow rice turned out so beautiful, vibrant and it was a HUGE hit with my little ones! If you love this post please make sure to share and leave a comment. Lets jump right in..
How to make rainbow rice
- Measure one cup of rice and pour it into a large ziplock bag.
- Add one tbsp of vinegar.
- Add a couple drops of food coloring.
- Seal up the ziplock bag and mix well.
- Pour onto parchment paper and spread out the rice.
- Let dry!
- Repeat for each color.
I wanted to let you guys in on some key notes I did not mentioned above. I linked the food coloring I used that makes majority of the colors you see above. That includes red, yellow, green and blue. To make the orange rice, I followed the steps above and then I used 4 drops of yellow and 2 red. This makes the orange color. To make the purple I used this neon food coloring linked here. I also use these neon colors for SO many other activities, so it is worth snatching 😍. If you do not have the neon colors you can mix red and blue to make purple. Secondly, using 1 cup of rice for each color makes enough rainbow rice to fill a large container. If you want to make extra add two cups of rice and use 2 tbsp of vinegar! Lastly, the vinegar smell is strong. There are two things you can do to help this. You can let it dry outside or you can add a couple drops of an essential oil. They both help.
The benefits of rainbow rice
Sensory play is extremely beneficial for little ones. This has been my favorite sensory bin so far. The colors are so vibrant, bright, cheerful and beautiful. It feels amazing, sounds so cool and the best part is that it last forever. It is so nice to look at when its in all separated, but my 2 and 4 year old could not wait to get their hands in there.
HOW TO USE RAINBOW RICE
There are many ways to use your rainbow rice, this includes:
- Pour it into a large container and create a scooping station.
- Put it into a large ziplock bag and create a sensory bag.
- Pour on to a tray and use fingers or writing tool to practice letter/number formation.
- Pour into a clear plastic bottle and create a sensory bottle.
- Make a rainbow rice rain stick.
For more of my activities and posts follow my instagram @cota_mom or find me on facebook @C0TAMOM ! I hope you all enjoyed this post! Stay a while and check out some of my other blog posts and sensory play ideas! Enjoy ❤️
**THIS POSTS CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS**